Work on a highly intelligent, lightweight and motivated team to achieve our goal of revolutionizing the combustion engine with Freevalve technology. As calibration engineer for Freevalve, you will merge hardware and software to achieve record-breaking engine performance and create an incredible driver experience.
- Integrate software functionality into Freevalve hardware to ensure engines meet efficiency, performance and emissions benchmarks.
- Outline necessary software functions, and work with electronics team to develop and implement new or improve existing strategies
- Work with minimal supervision to develop and execute detailed testing plans in both engine dynamometer and prototype vehicles
- Create and maintain structured data acquisition methods to log history and present results
- Interpret results to provide valuable troubleshooting information for hardware and software teams.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (mechanical, software, computer, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience in engine and/or vehicle calibration
- Basic fluency of C, MATLAB (and/or similar)
- Basic knowledge of 2 and 4 stroke engine concepts
- Take initiative and be a strong, constructive member of a team
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years in leadership role in small, focused team
- Advanced knowledge of combustion engines and current technology
- Hands-on experience with engine dyno / vehicle installations
- Some fabrication and manufacturing experience
- History of personal projects related to combustion engines
We currently have 10 employees with their eyes set on writing the future of transportation. Passion and will to surpass existing standards is our most valuable characteristic, and we expect you to have that as well. This job grants a large amount of freedom and responsibility, and at times that will mean long hours and pressure to achieve results. However, it also means that your name will be hand-scribed into the ground breaking innovation that this company will achieve.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should prepare a CV outlining their qualifications and experience, together with a two-page statement addressing the “Responsibilities” listed above. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org