Work on a highly intelligent, lightweight and motivated team to achieve our goal of revolutionizing the combustion engine with Freevalve technology. As a Design Engineer, you will work closely with our team to discuss and develop advanced concepts and take responsibility for bringing them to life on the engines. You will be given large ownership over components and must rely on experience and product development methodology to ensure that these parts will perform to the highest automotive standards.
- Work with our team to design sub-system/system component concepts and drive the development towards performance, weight, packaging and cost targets
- Create 3D models, detailed drawings and specifications to ensure parts are manufactured and delivered with full functionality and reliability
- Take ownership of components to meet high-level deadlines
- Develop parts inspection and testing procedures to ensure hardware quality
- Maintain parts organization from bill of materials, concept studies, test history and other documentation
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in advanced technology design with 3D modeling techniques
- Experience in design with weight, cost, packaging and performance targets
- Thorough understanding of hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems
- Basic knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Thrive with large degrees of freedom, responsibility and accountability
- Strong initiative towards organization and documentation
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
- Proficiency with Solid Works, Catia V5 or similar
- Familiarity with prototype and mass-production oriented design targets and methods
- Advanced knowledge of combustion engines and current technology
- Manufacturing experience
- History of personal projects related to combustion engines
Passion and will to surpass existing standards are our most valuable characteristics, and we expect you to have that as well. This job grants a large amount of freedom and responsibility, and at times that will mean long hours and pressure to achieve results. However, it also means that your name will be hand-scribed into the ground-breaking innovation that this company will achieve.
Are you interested?
Send CV and Cover Letter to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org